Saturday, July 2, 2011

Jesus, Lover of My Soul

The stirring verses of the old hymn, Jesus, Lover of My Soul, reveal Charles Wesley’s response of love to Christ’s gracious love. It seems that within the hymn there is a a progression in the verses, which mirror a Christian’s growth in Christ. Verse three reflects the walk of a maturing Christian who desires intimate communion and oneness with Christ:

Thou, O Christ, art all I want; more than all in thee I find;
Raise the fallen, cheer the faint, Heal the sick, and lead the blind
Just and holy is Thy name; I am all unrighteousness,
False and full of sin I am; Thou art full of truth and grace
.

My desire for our church, corporately and individually with our members, is that we reflect this desire.

Please pray that my preaching and pastoral leadership will aid in fostering this.

No comments:

Post a Comment