Saturday, December 24, 2011

Believer, When the Temptation is Great, Keep This in Mind

When the day of evil comes and our temptation is great, we should not say, “Satan cannot touch me because of how truthful, righteous, and faithful I have been.” Rather we should say, “I am protected by the truth that though I feel weak, I am strong; though I may fall, I possess Christ’s righteousness. And though I am not perfect, I have peace with my God who has provided the faith I could not conjure (for faith, too, is a gift of God), the salvation I could not earn, and the Spirit I daily need.”
The spiritual disciplines and godly practices of our lives are not what protect us against Satan; they are the means of grace by which God builds within us greater understanding and confidence in him, so that we will stand on his promises and provisions when the day of battle comes
(Bryan Chapell).

No comments:

Post a Comment