Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Must Read Book on Parenting!

I'm really excited about the new book on parenting by Elyse Fitzpatrick. I hope every parent and grandparent in our church will purchase and read this book. The name of the book is: Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of Jesus (by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick).

I have not read the book yet but it is getting very high reviews. Please join me in reading this book. I hear that it is one of those books on parenting that will end up being a classic. To encourage you to get this book, I do have some favorite quotes by Elyse that I have collected that I think will wet the appetite:

Every single time you succumb to temptation, you can thank Jesus for saying, “No, it is written…”. His victory is your record."

Whose righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees? Yours does—if you’re in Christ."

His baptism matters because by it you’re granted the “beloved Son in whom I am well pleased” benediction over yours."

Christian modesty is simply a refusal to show off out of love for God and one’s neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment